DAUGHTERS OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION (Buenos Aires). - The juridical existence of the Institute dates back to September 1904, when the Archbishop of Buenos Aires recognized it as an Institute of diocesan law.
Its origins, however, are linked to the Institute of the Sisters of Charity, Daughters of the Immaculate Conception, known as the “Blue Sisters,” founded by Maria Foliano in the diocese of Catanzaro (Carrati). This Institute, founded on 30 January 1868, was suppressed on 30 January 1901, and the Ordinaries of the places where its houses existed were granted the faculty to reunite them into congregations of diocesan law, modifying only the habit, title, and constitutions of the Institute. The Argentine Congregation developed and obtained from the Holy See the decree of praise on 14 February 1934, while the constitutions, temporarily approved in 1934, received definitive approval in 1943. In 1946 it had 16 houses and 180 professed sisters.