FIGLIE DELLA PRESENTAZIONE DI MARIA S. MA TEMPIO (Como)
The Daughters of the Presentation of Mary, S. Ma Temple (Como), originated in Borgo S. Vitale, Como, in 1833 through the initiative of two young women, Francesca Butti and Maria Rossi. They began living together, dedicating themselves to the instruction and Christian formation of poor and abandoned girls, ensuring that those who approached the Sacraments in the parish and received catechetical teaching were properly prepared. Four years later, the Institute was approved by the Bishop of Como as a Pious Association, and in 1895 it became a diocesan institution by right. In 1934, it received the decree of praise from the Holy See and temporary approval of its constitutions, which were definitively approved on May 4, 1941.
The purpose of the Institute is the education and instruction of youth through boarding schools, day students, Sunday recreational activities for girls, kindergartens, orphanages, and women's residences. Additionally, the sisters teach catechism in parishes and prepare children for their First Communion.
In 1948, the sisters numbered 183, with 28 houses.