POOR SISTERS TEACHERS OF OUR LADY. – In 1860 the Bishop of Colocza, Giuseppe Kunszt, invited some of the Poor Sisters of the Schools of Our Lady from Budweis to his diocese. The new institution soon flourished, yielding great fruit especially in the education of young women.
The prolonged stay of the Budweis mother superior in Colocza, and other local causes of antagonism, led the Budweis branch, after a year, to elect a new superior and separate from Colocza. With the separation a new congregation was born, which soon spread and on 12 January 1903 obtained papal approval. At present there are 934 sisters, distributed in 67 houses.