FIGLIE DI GESÙ (Salamanca). — On 6 August 1901, on the eve of anti-clerical legislation, this Institute, founded in Salamanca, received definitive approval. The following year, its constitutions were approved ad experimentum. It had been established in 1873 by a pious lady of the city and canonically erected as a diocesan Institute in 1891.
Its purpose is the instruction, especially catechetical, of adult women and the education of children of both sexes. In 1945 it had 25 houses and 555 sisters.