MINIME OF THE SACRED HEART. - The Institute had humble beginnings in Poggio a Caiano (diocese of Pistoia) through the work of Marianna Caiani, who, together with a companion, in 1894 opened a small school for 12 poor girls in a rented space.
Soon the work began to grow; other daughters joined the first two, who on 15 December 1902, through the hands of the local Ordinary, received the religious habit and were canonically erected as a diocesan institute.
The decree of praise was issued on 3 February 1926, along with temporary approval of the Constitutions, which were later definitively approved on 21 November 1933.
The special purpose of the Institute is the Christian education and instruction of youth. It also engages in the care of the sick in hospitals and at home.
In 1948 the sisters numbered 573, with 43 novices, distributed across 51 houses.