MISSIONARIES OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. - Institute founded on 5 January 1920 by Msgr. Alessandro Le Roy, superior general of the Congregation of the Holy Spirit, with the aim of cooperating in the missionary apostolate of the fathers of the same Institute in all the missions of the Propaganda entrusted to them.
On 22 March 1923 the first candidates began their novitiate; on 5 October 1924 the first sisters took their vows and, in the course of that same year, departed for Cameroon. The Constitutions of the Congregation were approved by a decree of the Propaganda on 22 July 1929.
The principal fields of activity of the sisters are West and South Africa, Central America, and Martinique.