Daughters of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart (Bourges). — The Institute owes its existence to Fr J. Chevalier, founder of the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart, who established it in 1882 at Issoudun with Mrs Hartzer, in religion Mother Mary Louise. In 1906, because of persecution, the motherhouse was transferred to Thuin in the diocese of Tournai, but in 1922 it was brought back again to Issoudun. The decree of praise was issued on 23 July 1908; the decree of approval of the Institute and its constitutions on 4 April 1928.
The Institute fosters a cult of honour, love and reparation to the Sacred Heart, in union with the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and works in missionary places alongside the Missionaries of Fr Chevalier. At first there were two classes of sisters who wore different habits; now they form a single class and dress alike.