**CHILDREN OF THE IMMACULATE MOTHER OF GOD**
Giuseppe Frassinetti, prior of S. Sabina in Genoa, founded in 1861 the “Pious Union of the Children of the Immaculate Mother of God.” The members, though living in the world, followed a particular rule of Christian life.
In 1865 Frassinetti proposed to the members the idea of a common life in a house; three young men responded, and on 14 January 1866 they put the plan into effect. After the founder’s death in 1868, the work was continued by Fr. Antonio Piccardo, who, upon moving to Rome in 1902, established the ecclesiastical Institute “Maria Immacolata,” which became the seat of the Roman diocesan Congregation of the Children of the Immaculate Mother of God. This Congregation was erected by decree on 8 December 1903 and later recognized with pontifical rights by Pius X on 21 May 1904, with the purpose of cultivating ecclesiastical youth and assisting, instructing, and educating youth in general.
The Congregation received its definitive approval on 4 June 1909, and its Constitutions on 17 June 1931. As of 1949, it numbers about 100 religious.
**DAUGHTERS OF THE HOLIEST HEARTS OF JESUS AND MARY**
The idea and foundation of this work are due to the Marchioness Eugenia Ravasco, who began the project in 1868 and then established in Genoa in 1871 the first house of the Institute, which was canonically erected on 12 January 1882.
Its purpose is the instruction and education of youth in kindergartens, workshops, etc., and also to engage in all works aimed at protecting young women from the dangers to which they are exposed and, if lost, to lead them back to the path of virtue. In 1905, Pius X invited the Ravasco sisters to Rome to collaborate in the work of protecting young women. In 1907, they received the decree of praise, and in 1909, definitive approval; the Constitutions were approved on 28 February 1920. In 1948, the Institute had 22 houses and 195 professed sisters.
