**DAUGHTERS OF THE ORATORY (Lodi).** - Institute
founded in Regona (diocese of Cremona) around 1870 by the local parish priest Vincenzo Grossi. In 1901 the generalate moved to Lodi, where it remains to this day.
The Institute received the decree of praise and temporary approval of its constitutions in 1915, and definitive approval of the Institute and its constitutions on April 29, 1926.
Its specific purpose is parish work: catechism instruction, retreats for workers, schools, and Sunday oratories. In 1943, the sisters numbered 387, with 55 houses.