**ECclesiastical Boarding School of TURIN.** - A training institution for the clergy of Turin and the surrounding area, where young priests (enrollment is mandatory for those of the archdiocese) dedicate themselves, before beginning their apostolic life, for a two-year period to the practical study of moral and pastoral theology. The idea of creating a house to gather young priests, who from 1738 onward were required for a three-year period to attend frequent "conferences" on practical moral theology either at the university or at the seminary, had already been considered by various archbishops of Turin, but without result; after the restoration of the monarchy (1814), the Servant of God Pio Brunone Lanteri, together with the theologian Luigi Guala, concretized a project in this regard, but he too was unable to bring it to fruition (1816-17). Guala succeeded in his place, and in November 1817 he was finally able to open the much-desired boarding school. Its seat was at the former convent of St. Francis of Assisi until 1870; from 1870 to the present day it has been located at the Shrine of the Consolata. The boarding school reached its peak under the direction of St. Joseph Cafasso. After a period of suppression, it was reconstituted by the Servant of God G. Allamano.
**