**Ephemerides Liturgicae** – A journal of liturgy, originally published in Latin, founded in Rome in 1887 by Fr. Calcedonio Mancini of the Mission, with the support of Cardinal Parocchi, vicar general of His Holiness, specifically as the organ of the Pontifical Liturgical Academy. Under Leo XIII, Pius X, and Benedict XV, the journal operated primarily on practical ground (rubrics, ceremonies, liturgical law), in accordance with the Sacred Congregation of Rites, of which it was always a faithful interpreter and authoritative spokesman. Even then, however, it did not neglect the historical field, as evidenced by the names of Armellini and Marucchi for liturgical archaeology, and of Piacenza, Ricci, Salvadori, Grospellier, Dechervern, Calvewater, and others for liturgy and ecclesiastical chant.
From 1920 onward, the journal adopted a more broadly scientific orientation, definitively formalized in 1927. Alongside liturgical practice, it began to include studies in the principal modern languages on liturgical history, theology, and ascetics, critical editions of texts, a systematic bibliography, and extensive news coverage. The most renowned liturgists adhered to this new program, making the *Ephemerides Liturgicae* an effective working tool and an international organ of study. In 1937, the journal was divided into two sections: *Analecta historico-ascetica* and *Ius et praxis liturgica*; however, this division was abolished in 1948, when, in light of the principles of Pius XII’s encyclical *Mediator Dei*, it became necessary to reaffirm the unitary sense of liturgical science, taking into account the new demands arising from the development of certain of its branches.
The journal is complemented by monographic collections of liturgical studies and texts, which extend its sphere of influence into the realm of scholarly dissemination.